The Avon Foundation for Women, the world’s largest corporate-affiliated philanthropy focused on issues that matter most to women, was founded in 1955 to improve the lives of women. Through 2013, Avon global philanthropy will have donated more than $957 million in more than 50 countries for causes most important to women. Today, Avon philanthropy focuses its funding on breast cancer research and access to care through the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, and efforts to reduce domestic and gender violence through its Speak Out Against Bullying and Domestic Violence program. Avon also responds generously to provide support for relief and recovery efforts in times of major natural disasters and emergencies.
I have committed to raising much-needed funds to support Avon’s Speak Out Against Bullying and Domestic Violence. We all have our own reasons for wanting to put an end to violence against women and girls, but in case you need some extra motivation, here are some heartbreaking statistics that I’m hoping to help change:
- Studies show that domestic violence is the leading cause of homelessness for women and children in the U.S.
- One in every four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
- 85% of domestic violence victims are women.
- Historically, females have most often been victimized by someone they knew.
- Females who are 20-24 years of age are at the greatest risk of nonfatal intimate partner violence.
- Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to the police.
You can help break the cycle of domestic violence right now.
Click on the link below to donate. Together we can make a difference.
Avon is always helping women. Their campaign #SEETHESIGNS is educating the public on what to look for so we can Speak out Against Domestic Violence and abuse. In some cases, this is a matter of life or death.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT. CONTACT ME FOR YOUR FUNDRAISER EVENTS AND TO PURCHASE AVON EMPOWERMENT PRODUCTS TODAY!
Reference: www.avon.ca and www.avonfoundation.org