Try this delicious Coconut Smoothie recipe I’ve created.
It is divine.
(Kids love it too)
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you already know the health benefits of this amazing nut. Countries that rely on coconut as a main staple in their diet are the healthiest people in the world. So here’s a great and simple way to incorporate this into our North American diet. If you don’t know how to eat this, or need a fresh idea, give this quick and delicious recipe a go.
Ingredients needed: coconut, blender, ice, almond milk, honey, egg whites
- Buy a coconut at your local produce store.
- Get a sharp pair of scissors and dig with a twist (carefully) into the little circles on the top of the coconut until you break through the shell.
- Shake out the milk into a wide bowl.
- Smack the coconut on the concrete in front of your house ’til it busts open.
- Pour the coconut milk into your Nutri Bullet (love my portable system!) or other blender.
- Dig out the meat of the coconut using a blunt object. Don’t use a knife! Too dangerous.
- Dump the meat into the blender.
- Add some ice, leaving an inch of whip space at the rim.
- Pour almond milk into the blender.
- Add natural sweetener to taste. (I use half a teaspoon of organic green stevia and a teaspoon of honey)
- Add a glug of egg whites.
- Blend, pour, drink and enjoy your fresh coconut smoothie.
*Warning: If you haven’t tried the ground green stevia, it will take some getting used to. It is the safest sugar free sweetener and truly is sugar free. The benefits include zero calories and it’s good for the blood. So it doesn’t cause cancer. Awesome. If you really can’t do it, organic honey is a great alternative and tastes wonderful.
*If you are using a Nutri Bullet or other small blender, you will have to freeze some of the coconut and the milk. I portion the meat into baggies, milk into ice cube trays for each day so I’m ready to rock in the morning and it works excellent.
Until next time,
*** Note: This recipe is not intended for children to perform in any way. Guts&GRIT and it’s affiliates assume no liability for injuries inflicted on individuals while carrying out this recipe. Proceed with caution.